We Care About Your Privacy
Personal data refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or data and other information to which Uncle Ringo has or is likely to have access to including existing data in our records which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us or via any form of interaction with us.
By consenting, you agree to Uncle Ringo collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst necessary parties your personal data.
When you provide Uncle Ringo with any personal data relating to a third party (such as information of your dependents, spouse, children and/or parents), you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so and/or the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of the personal data by us for any of the purposes listed herein.
Ways of Collecting Personal Data
Examples of personal data that you may provide us include, but not limited to:
- when you send us an e-mail, “contact us” message or make any form of written enquiry;
- when you use our websites or our partners’ websites;
- when you make a purchase on our websites or on our partners’ websites;
- when you make a booking on our websites or on our partners’ websites;
- our official social media sites that we control, such Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.;
- when you visit or call one of our venues to inquire on our services;
- when you make a booking at one of our venues;
- when you enter a promotion, competition, giveaway from our official social media events or at one of our venues;
- when you participate in a survey, be it online or offline, market research or other promotional activities which we conduct;
- when you purchase photos and/or videos of your visit to one of our venues;
- when you sign up to receive our newsletters or marketing material;
- if your photograph or video is taken at one of our venues;
- when you submit an application for employment with us;
- when you register for one of our corporate programmes; and
- when you register for one of our events
To ensure the safety of the public, some of our venues have surveillance cameras which may capture your image on film. We may use this information in respect of the management and security of our venues and it may be provided to law enforcement and government bodies for these purposes.
Our carnivals and events are free for the management and public to take photographs and videography. Upon entering our premises, you agree to have considered the possibility of having your image captured. Refer to the Photography and Videography section for more information.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
Your personal data may be used by us in a number of ways, including:
- for the purpose requested;
- to respond to your query or feedback;
- to process your booking or order with us;
- to promote and market all current and future businesses, venues, products and services, and to inform you about the products and services of our commercial partners;
- to process and consider your application for employment;
- to assist with our internal business processes;
- for market research purposes and to improve our products and services;
- to administer contests, promotions, giveaways, and surveys;
- for any other purposes that you can reasonably expect; and
- to enable us to comply with our obligations under the law
When Do We Disclose Your Personal Data?
We may disclose your personal data in a variety of circumstances including:
- our related entities within Uncle Ringo Trading Pte Ltd;
- contractors, agents and suppliers we engage to provide newsletters, products and/or perform services for us, for example, customer feedback analysts, digital marketing agencies, online shopping cart service providers, photo and video processing and production companies, and payment processors;
- our professional advisors, such as lawyers and accountants;
- law enforcement bodies;
- if you choose, your email address and name will be added to our periodical newsletter database so you can receive it; and
- any other person for any other purposes that would be reasonably expected (including if required by law)
We do not sell your name or other personal information to third parties.
Your payment information is collected directly by PayPal. We do not see your payment information, or store it on our server. We do store an ‘authentication code’ from PayPal to verify payment, but this does not identify you or your payment information.
Updating Personal Data
Uncle Ringo does our part to ensure that the personal data we collect and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we largely depends on the information you provide.
You can update (or request us to update) your personal data at any time. We ask you to keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to provide you with useful information. If you wish to update your information, please contact our Data Protection Officer directly at via email or via direct call to our main office.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (+65) 6455 7395
If you no longer wish to receive our marketing material, you can opt out of the communication we provide you and that option will be made available to you.
Storage of Your Personal Data
Uncle Ringo takes reasonable steps to maintain the security of your personal data and to prevent the misuse, interference, loss, modification, and unauthorised access to or disclosure of your personal data.
When you use or access our websites, we may collect and store information about your computer (including your IP address, operating system and browser type) for the purposes of system administration.
Should you wish to disable the cookies of our websites, you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, by doing so, you may not be able to enter and interact with certain part(s) of our websites.
Third Party Websites
Photography and Videography
Regular capturing of photographic and/or video images by our management, of individuals who attend our carnivals or events is to create memories for us and for the public to enjoy. It may also be used for promotional and marketing activities, as well as publicity and advertising purposes in any media.
Upon visiting our venues, you acknowledge and agree that Uncle Ringo is the creator and owner of all intellectual property rights associated with your photos and videos, and we may use and exploit the photographs and videos in any manner, without restriction of any kind. You agree to us using, reproducing and disclosing photographic or video images of you. You agree that you will make no claim against us for any payment or fee for appearing in promotional material or advertising and release us from any other claims in connection with our use of your image.
For any other purpose(s) not set forth herein, Uncle Ringo may notify and seek your further consent in accordance with the requirements of the Act before using your personal data for that other purpose(s).